Types of Personal Information Collected
The types of personal information collected and held by Riverland Group will vary depending on your dealings with us.
This information may include any or all of the following:
• name, address(es), telephone number(s) and other contact details;
• associated company name(s), position, occupation and other business details;
• electronic address(es);
• credit card details; and
• transaction details relating to your use of our services or benefits.
• We will also collect your date of birth where required (for example, to comply with age restrictions) and photograph; and
• any additional information about you that you provide to us, including through the use of our venues, our websites, our online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; or
• any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
• In addition, any employment details such as tax file numbers, next of kin, photograph, immigration details and relevant medical information.
Riverland Group will not collect sensitive information from you or any third party. RLG allows anonymity and pseudonymity as per APP2.
You do not have to provide us with any personal information, however if you do not do so we may not be able to complete a transaction you have entered into, finalise payment of a product or service you have ordered, make delivery of a product you have ordered, validate your entry in a competition or survey, or otherwise provide you with the products, services or benefits you have requested.
How RLG Collects Information
Generally, Riverland Group collects personal information directly from you, such as:
• when you personally submit information through a Riverland Group website;
• when you make a reservation at one of our venues, either over the phone or through an online booking form;
• when purchasing or claiming tickets to an event we are holding or are associated with;
• in person (such as in venue);
• when purchasing a gift card/voucher;
• leaving a business card;
• redeem an offer at a venue;
• attend a function at one of our venues and consent to your photograph being taken;
• enter into a competition run with one of our partner advertisers;
• communicate with us through correspondence, telephone calls, email, or when you share information with us from other social applications, review sites, online services or websites; or
• in the course of recruitment and employment;
• when you complete a survey;
• in the course of us providing you with a requested product, service or benefit; or
• when you have other dealings with us.
Riverland Group will collect personal information through:
• Riverland Group, its related bodies corporate and its business pillars;
• our business partners who may partner with Riverland Group for promotional activities;
• any recruitment consultant engaged, which includes information taken from reference checks with prior employers; and
• third parties who supply services to Riverland Group.
Why RLG Collects, Uses and Discloses Personal Information
Riverland Group will collect personal information for the following purposes:
• to enable you to make a reservation, booking or enquiry at one of our venues;
• to provide you with our goods and services at a venue;
• to respond to your enquiry or otherwise send you information for which you have requested;
• to establish and maintain your relationship with us, including in some cases disclosing your name and address (as required by law, such as to government authorities and agencies) and providing you with information necessary to allow you to remain in contact with Riverland Group;
• to register you for events, competitions or promotions; or
• to assist us to make our services, products and customer experiences more valuable or useful to you.
The Riverland Group may also use and disclose your personal information to a trusted third party who also holds other information about you. This third party may combine that information in order to enable it and us to develop anonymised consumer insights so that we can better understand your preferences, needs at venue and interests.
You may opt-out of receiving direct marketing from Riverland Group or third parties through the unsubscribe function that will be made available to you with each direct marketing communication.
How RLG Stores and Protects Personal Information
Riverland Group may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. In so doing, we have taken numerous steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Additionally, Riverland Group takes reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information when we no longer need it.
The internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, other than where Riverland Group uses secure socket layer technology (SSL) to ensure information (such as credit card information) is securely transmitted and processed, Riverland Group cannot and does not accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the internet, or for any unauthorised access or use of that information.
Does RLG Send Personal Information Overseas?
Riverland Group may disclose some of your personal information, for the purposes described above, to organisations outside of Australia. Where information is held in services hosted internationally, United States of America for example, they may not have the same protection as set out in the Australian Privacy Principles, and Riverland Group may not require such organisations to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles.
How You Can Access Your Personal Information?
Riverland Group will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. If any of your personal details change, such as your address or phone number, please contact our Privacy Officer by email or at the address detailed below.
We will also need to verify your identity when you request access to any personal information held by us.
We will promptly acknowledge and investigate any complaint about the way we manage personal information.
Websites and Cookies
A cookie file can contain information, such as a user/session ID which the website uses to track the pages you have visited. You can refuse all cookies by turning them off in your browser, however, the websites may not work as intended for you if you do so.
Information is also generated whenever a page is accessed on a Riverland Group website that records information such as the time, date and specific page. We collect such information for statistical and maintenance purposes that enables us to continually evaluate our website performance with the aim to improve our customer experiences.
How To Contact RLG or Make a Complaint?
Attention: The Privacy Officer (General Questions)
Level 3, Suite 6, 29 Stewart Street,
RICHMOND VIC 3121
Phone: (03) 8578 1190
Riverland Group will take reasonable steps to remedy any issues resulting from our failure to comply with our privacy obligations.
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website, available here. https://www.oaic.gov.au/
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/riverla1/public_html/riverlandbar/wp-content/themes/riverland-bar/template-parts/generic/gallery.php on line 3